4th of July Family Weekend Celebration on Lake James!
2014 Fourth of July Fireworks and Flotilla July 5th
Join The Fun! 2014 Lake James Flotilla
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
Start Time 10:00 am
START/FINISH-First basin in front of Potowatomi Inn. All Decorations Accepted.
Bring the Kids!
Thanks for celebrating with us at the LJA Flotilla!
Grand Marshal – Max Robison
Here are a few instructions to make your time with us fun!
- Please place your number on the starboard (right) side of your boat.
- Follow the Grand Marshal’s boat in this order: Business, and then decorated personal boats. Wood boats will lead the Flotilla.
- We will be traveling around all 3 basins at around 20 mph. (Duration about 1 hour)
- Judges are posted at Pokagon State Park main beach. We will slow down when we approach them.
- Channel 20 (101 Lake Network) is filming the Flotilla and is positioned at Spring Point in 1st basin. We will slow down for them too. Wave and honk and make noise..!!
- You MUST be present to win. Trophies will be handed out immediately after the parade. There is an Overall Grand Prize of $100 worth of gift certificates to lake restaurants.
Trophies will be awarded for:
* Wood & Classic Boat
* Most Entertaining
* Best Decorated
* Grand prize
The Grand Marshal for the Flotilla this year is Max Robison of Willowdale Addition. Max is being honored for his tireless work assisting U. S. military veterans related to the honor flights for World War II veterans.
Max stated “I will do it in honor of all the living veterans and of those who preceded us.”
Honor Flight Northeast Indiana (www.hfnei.org) is a non-profit organization created solely to honor American Veterans for all their sacrifices by flying them to Washington D. C. to reflect at their memorials.
Thanks to the Steuben County Sheriff’s marine Patrol and our Judges for their help too!
Have a safe and fantastic weekend and come back tonight for the fireworks!
Call Larry Lyman for the Lake James Association 219-833-4219